Published by Kevin HaugenDecember 9, 2014 4:24 pm
- Put your kettle on to boil.
- Place your Chemex filter in the brewer with the thick portion toward the spout.
- Pour about 8 ounces of hot water through the filter to rinse out any pulp flavor pre-heat the carafe. Pour the water out of the pour spout prior to brewing.
- Grind about 42 grams of coffee beans to a medium-coarse setting.
- Pre-infuse your coffee grounds with about 100 grams of hot water. The grounds will start to “bloom.” Let the blooming grounds sit for about 30-60 seconds.
- Finish pouring the hot water in a counterclockwise movement, being careful not to let the water level in the filter get too high, but maintaining an even water level. Remove and discard the filter.
Categorized in: Brewing Guides