- Put your kettle on to boil.
- Place your Chemex filter in the brewer with the thick portion toward the spout.
- Pour about 8 ounces of hot water through the filter to rinse out any pulp flavor pre-heat the carafe. Pour the water out of the pour spout prior to brewing.
- Grind about 1.5 oz of coffee beans to a medium-coarse setting.
- Pre-infuse your coffee grounds with about 4 oz of hot water. The grounds will start to “bloom.” Let the blooming grounds sit for about 1 minute.
- Finish pouring the hot water in a spiraling, clockwise movement (or whatever technique you enjoy), being careful not to let the water level in the filter get too high, but maintaining an even water level. Remove and discard the filter.
Categorized in: Brewing Guides