The Forté is a small commercial burr grinder that offers a consistent grind for both the home and cafe. Featuring a beautiful glass touch screen, the Forte features a substantial solid metal hosing that gives it remarkable heft. It features an improved portafilter holder,scale, and hopper design.
The Forté is available in two configurations. The Forté-AP (All Purpose grinder) can grind from coarse to fine and comes with a 54mm flat ceramic burr, grounds bin for use when grinding by weight, plus a portaholder for use when grinding directly to your portafilter. The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual or batch brewing and comes with a 54mm flat steel burr and a grounds bin.
- Beautiful glass touch screen. We found it to be intuitive and very easy to use. You can grind by weight, then toggle over with one click to see the precise time it took to grind that weight of coffee. It's lightning fast and the colors and layout are very pleasing. It felt expensive.
- Substantial solid zinc housing. This grinder is heavy, and the quality of the all metal housing gives it remarkable heft.
- Nice new hopper design. The rotating chute "stopper hopper" is strong enough to slice through any coffee beans that get in the way. It also scoops very closely to the actual burrs, leaving very few coffee beans left in the grinder.
- Improved portafilter holder. The new solid zinc portafilter holder is a major upgrade from the current models.
Read our blog post for more information.
- Powerful DC motor
- Designed by Baratza in Italy
- Confused about finding the proper grind? Check out this blog post with quick grinding guidelines.
Dimensions and Specifications
- Width: 5"
- Depth: 7"
- Height: 14"
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- AeroPress 1.2 g/sec, Press 2.4 g/sec
- Heavy duty commercial grade 54 mm flat burrs
- 10 ounce bean hopper
Variety of grinds, and you can grind per weight or time interchangeably.
Fast, consistent grind, with a choice of an All Purpose and Brew burr configurations.
Compact size relative to full sized Italian grinders.
Glass touch screen that displays grind time and/or weight and memorizes 3 settings for time or weight.
Metal adjustment levers are durable but can be stiff.
If calibrated properly for espresso, the coarsest setting might not be coarse enough for other methods such as French press or automatic drip.
The Forte is louder compared to Mazzer and Macap.