Press release regarding the new Bonavita coffee maker courtesy of the SCAA:
Bonavita now has three SCAA certified brewers, with their newest addition (Bonavita Coffee Maker BV1900TS) due to market in early October. Building on the success of predecessors, the Bonavita 8-cup Stainless Steel Carafe Coffee Brewer features improvements that will result in an even better cup of coffee. Bonavita is committed to bringing the highest level of coffee brewing technology to their brewers, while keeping the experience of brewing coffee simple and easy to understand.
Past Bonavita electric brewers have been consistently touted as a best buy and best-performing brewer by experts including Cook's Illustrated magazine, Nilou Moulad of Epicurious on The TODAY Show, and Food & Wine magazine which, in 2012, put the brewer on its list of The Editors' Top Food Gifts. Rigorous, pre-market testing has earned the newest Bonavita electric brewer our Certified Home Brewer honors, a classification that's noted and respected by culinary, beverage and consumer experts.
Myra Gold of Bonavita commented, "SCAA sets the gold standard for coffee brewing practices and meeting this standard is a priority for us. Working together with SCAA to reinforce the fundamentals of proper brewing helps to educate consumers and makes for more informed buying decisions, all leading to the same goal: a satisfying cup of coffee enjoyed in the comfort of one's home."
Key features of the new Bonavita 8-cup Stainless Steel Carafe Coffee Brewer
- Optional pre-infusion mode allows for a better extraction from freshly roasted coffee, as the pre-infusion allows the coffee to degas before the brewing begins. This new, key feature addresses Bonavita's interest in helping consumers understand the importance of using fresh coffee, ground just before brewing.
- Larger showerhead for even saturation of coffee - coupled with a new, U-shaped, flat bottom filter basket, together creating the perfect environment for even saturation (showerhead) and extraction (flat bottom filter)
- Sleek, compact design. Will look great on any kitchen countertop
- Uses flat basket Melitta filter
- Designed for precise water and coffee contact time
- High quality brushed stainless steel finish
- Quiet brew cycle
- Larger shower head than 1800SS model
- Optional pre-infusion
- Auto power-off
- Thermal carafe (steel housing, stainless steel lined)
- Flat bottom shaped filter ensures even extraction
- SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) certified
- 2 year warranty by Bonavita
- For more information on the differenced between the 1800 and 1900 model, check out our blog post
Dimensions and Specifications
- Height: 12.25"
- Width: 12"
- Depth: 10.5"
- Weight: 8lbs
- Makes up to 40oz. (10 European cups) in 5-6 minutes
- 1500 watt heating element maintains ideal brewing temperatures of 195-205 degrees