We were looking for a beautiful pourover stand to add to our brewing equipment offerings, but the options left us wanting. We set out to design an iconic, beautiful stand made by a local craftsman that would stand the test of time. We are proud to introduce the Clive Stand, a culmination of several months of design and prototyping with Delaney Kelly of Carthagh Craft & Design. The stand is made of salvaged Oregon Walnut that was too small for other purposes and headed for the burn pile. We strived for a design aesthetic that is clean and functional with a focus on composition. We hope it evokes fine furniture from the masters such as Eames and George Nakashima.
A woodworker since the age of 13, Delaney carefully makes each stand by hand, a highly detailed process which takes about 10 hours to complete. This meticulous attention to detail and expert craftsmanship is evident in the strong joinery and beautiful lines.
- Handmade in Portland, Oregon
- Each Stand is made from solid Oregon black walnut and will have natural variations in color and pattern of the wood.
- The wood is sealed with an oil based finish that is water resistant. Clean with a damp cloth, then wipe dry.
- Dimensions: 12" wide x 8" deep x 9" high
- See pictures of Delaney's work in progress on his blog.