Izzo Alex Duetto 3.0 Espresso Machine
The Alex Duetto 3.0 is a totally PID controlled, dual-boiler espresso machine.
Average rating of 5.0 from 7 reviewer(s).
Receive a $100 Clive Coffee e-gift certificate with the purchase of this product!
Note: The gift certificate code will be included in your order confirmation email only, and is good for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Only valid on future orders, expires 30 days from purchase date.
$100 Instant Coupon
Take note of the coupon "duetto100" and add $100 worth of accessories to your cart. Enter the coupon during the checkout process.
Full dollar amount must be added to cart for code to be redeemed. Discount not valid with other offers.
If you encounter a problem with your equipment purchase from Clive Coffee, we are here to help.
What the warranty covers:
Replacement parts and labor costs to correct defects in materials and workmanship are covered for a period of two years from the original delivery date.
Shipping costs related to warranty replacements or repairs will be covered by Clive Coffee for the first 30 days from the time you received your machine.
Read our full warranty policy
Ships Same Day: All orders for in-stock items received by 7:00 pm EST are shipped the same day from Portland, Oregon.
Free shipping: Coffee makers and espresso machines are shipped via UPS Ground, for free!
In Stock: This product is in stock and will ship same day if ordered by 7 pm EST.
Stock Available: Most of the espresso machines we sell are imported from Italy to New York. We warehouse our own stock in Portland, Oregon, but we optimize each order to get it to you the fastest way possible. This means that some orders will ship from our warehouse in Portland, and others will ship directly from the importer in New York. We will use your address and shipment method to determine the fastest way to get your machine to you.
Please note that the stock status on each product page is updated throughout the day. All espresso machines are bench tested for quality assurance before being shipped to you, and in some cases this process may add a day or two to the processing time. If you have any questions on how your machine will be shipped or if you have a time sensitive order, contact us at 800.520.2890.
3 Day Shipping for $5: In the USA we will deliver up to 3 packages of coffee within 3 business days (M-F) for $5. For weights above three pounds, we have subsidized the shipping charges to below our cost. We want you to be able to get your coffee quickly without paying ridiculous amounts for shipping! Use the shopping cart to see what shipping options and charges are available to you, based on product selection. Other small items like coffee cups and French press pots will also qualify for the $5 shipping option.
No Sales tax: Because we are located in the sales-tax free paradise of Oregon, you will not be charged for sales tax on any order.
30 Day Guarantee: You have 30 days to try out your purchase, and if you don't love it we'll take it back. There's absolutely no risk! We're that convinced that you'll love it. Returns are accepted up to 30 days from the date the order arrives at your door. Please note that espresso machines do not qualify for free return shipping. Read more
Free Return Shipping: We pay for the return shipping if you don't love it, and we make it very easy! We're that convinced that you'll love it. If it's not to your complete satisfaction, we'll email you a prepaid UPS return label. Upon receiving your return, we'll credit your card the purchase price, less the original outbound freight cost if your order included free shipping. It's that simple.
Safe and Secure: All information obtained at Clive Coffee is for our internal use only. Your private information will never be sold, loaned, or given to anyone. If at anytime you would like to be removed from our e-mail list, please unsubscribe using the account link on the right side of any page or by entering your email address in the subscribe field at the bottom of the page.
Clive Coffee ensures a very high level of security for your online purchases. We utilize 128 bit secure encryption software (SSL) in our checkout process. This software encrypts all your personal and financial information on the internet. If you prefer to order by phone, please call us at 800.520.2890
Price Match: Find a better advertised price? We'll match it! The advertised price must be from an authorized dealer and for the same product/model number. Please call us at 800.520.2890 for details, or email us at email@example.com.
Izzo Alex Duetto 3.0
The Izzo Alex Duetto 3.0 espresso machine is solidly built and aesthetically pleasing. We find it to be the perfect choice for those wanting the classic look and feel of a small cafe in Rome or Milan. It is the best performing machine we know of that combines large boiler capacity, plumb-in or water reservoir options, pre-infusion, E-61 grouphead, and PID controlled temperature stability.
This machine is powerful enough to use in an office setting, but small enough to be perfectly at home in your kitchen. Because it is a double boiler espresso machine, the Duetto V3 is a wonderful tool for both traditional espresso and milk based drink building, and the quiet rotary pump will not make its presence known. We think this machine is especially handsome when combined with our optional custom wood upgrades, the Clive bottomless portafilter and 58mm tamper.
Double boiler espresso machines have one boiler each for steam and espresso. You can steam and pull shots simultaneously. Additionally, the steam boiler has a dedicated power switch, which gives the user the option to provide power only to the group head boiler if milk steaming won’t be necessary. Double boilers typically control the temperature digitally for the most consistent temperature. If you want the best, consider a double boiler.
Visit our Espresso Machine Buyers Guide for more information on boiler types.
PID Temperature Control:
A PID (Proportional Integral Derivative) controller closely monitors and electronically regulates the water temperature at the brew group. A PID sends short bursts of power to your boiler, keeping the temperature within a very narrow range. With a machine like the Izzo Duetto, you can control the temperature to within 1 degree of accuracy. Heat exchangers cannot be used with a PID, and instead rely on a mechanical pressurestat to regulate temperature. Single boilers can have PID control, and are an upgrade option on machines like the Quick Mill Alexia.
PIDs are not required for a good espresso shot, but they do allow you to precisely dial in your brew temperature. This is especially important for single origin espressos and straight shot enthusiasts.
E61 Brew Group:
With the E61 group, the user has direct control over shot extraction and excellent thermal stability through its thermosyphon heating circuit. While used primarily in single boiler and heat exchanger machines, several PID dual boiler designs are currently available.
No other independent testing programs require companies to comply with the strict standards imposed by NSF and its product certification programs. From extensive product testing and material analyses to unannounced plant inspections, NSF is the only third-party testing organization to undertake a complete evaluation of every aspect of a product's development before it can earn a certification.
A Product that is certified or listed means that NSF:
- Reviewed the Product, most often through a sampling of the Product and its components, materials, and compounds.
- Determined at the time of the review that the Product complies with the relevant NSF consensus standard and/or protocol ("Standard"); and
- Conducted or will conduct periodic audits to review whether the Product continues to comply with the Standard.
A product bearing the ETL Listed Mark is determined to have met the requirements of prescribed product safety standards. Moreover, the mark indicates that the manufacturer's production site conforms to a range of compliance measures and is subject to periodic follow-up inspections to verify continued conformance.
PID Temperature Control
- A closed loop temperature controler gives the user remakable control over espresso extraction and steam.
- When paired with a PID, isolated boilers provide superior temperature precision and predictability.
E61 Brew Group
- A tactile method of espresso extraction that allows manual control over shot extraction.
- Dual boiler:
- Dedicated boilers for steam and espresso mean that recovery time is rapid and temperature stability is excellent.
- Dual PID:
- You can precisely and easily control the temperature in both the group and steam boiler..
- Directly plumb or not: it's your choice:
- The Duetto has a large water reservoir, but with the included direct-plumb kit, it's easy to connect to a water source.
- Heating time:
- Since the Duetto is so solidly built, you need to give it at least 20 minutes of warm up time before making drinks.
- Weighing in at 72 pounds and measuring 14.25" wide by 17.25" deep, the Duetto is a very large machine.
Izzo Alex Duetto 3.0 Details
- No-Burn articulating hot water arm
- All stainless construction (including the frame)
- Large removable drip tray (includes option to drain if desired)
- Insulated Steam Boiler, 1.8 liter capacity, 1200 watt heating element
- Group Boiler, 0.8 liter capacity, 800 watt heating element
- PID controller for the group boiler (with 1.0 degree Fahrenheit adjustment)
- PID controller also controls the steam boiler temperature (and thus pressure)
- Heavy duty steam and hot water valves
- Vacuum Breaker Valve that diverts steam back to water tank
- Rotary Pump
- OPV Valve also routes water back to drip try, not back to the tank
- The Duetto comes stock in 15 amp mode, which oscillates power between the steam and brew boiler. In 20 amp mode, the Duetto can power both boilers simultaneously. We use the Duetto in 15 amp mode in the showroom and for barista classes (in other words, lots of daily use) and do not have a problem with waiting for the boilers to catch up. However, if you are using the Duetto in a light commercial setting or make a lot of drinks at once, consider the 20 amp mode.
- For downloadable product manual, click here.
Duetto 3.0 Warranty
Two-year parts and labor provided by the United States importer and Clive Coffee.
For more details on our warranty policies, click here.