Mini Vivaldi II
At ease in both the home and the cafe, The La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II is a triumph of both design and function.
The Mini Vivaldi II features two boilers, a vibratory pump, programmable preinfusion, and a manual fill 3 liter water tank. With its impressive steaming power and 1.2 liter boiler, you'll have enough steam to make cappuccinos for the entire neighborhood.
Shot dosing is volumetric and programmable, so you can store your shot volumes for consistent results. A programmable temperature controller also allows you to set the group boiler temperature to really fine tune your extraction.
Double boiler espresso machines have one boiler each for steam and espresso. You can steam and pull shots simultaneously. Additionally, the steam boiler has a dedicated power switch, which gives the user the option to provide power only to the group head boiler if milk steaming won’t be necessary. Double boilers typically control the temperature digitally for the most consistent temperature. If you want the best, consider a double boiler.
Visit our Espresso Machine Buyers Guide for more information on boiler types.
PID Temperature Control:
A PID (Proportional Integral Derivative) controller closely monitors and electronically regulates the water temperature at the brew group. A PID sends short bursts of power to your boiler, keeping the temperature within a very narrow range. With a machine like the Izzo Duetto, you can control the temperature to within 1 degree of accuracy. Heat exchangers cannot be used with a PID, and instead rely on a mechanical pressurestat to regulate temperature. Single boilers can have PID control, and are an upgrade option on machines like the Quick Mill Alexia.
PIDs are not required for a good espresso shot, but they do allow you to precisely dial in your brew temperature. This is especially important for single origin espressos and straight shot enthusiasts.
Vibratory pumps are typically found on espresso machines with an on tank reservoir system. The main advantage of a vibratory pump is smaller size and a built in passive preinfusion. Vibratory pumps generally require 3-5 seconds to achieve extraction pressure. Unless dampened, this pump type is generally louder under operation.
No other independent testing programs require companies to comply with the strict standards imposed by NSF and its product certification programs. From extensive product testing and material analyses to unannounced plant inspections, NSF is the only third-party testing organization to undertake a complete evaluation of every aspect of a product's development before it can earn a certification.
A Product that is certified or listed means that NSF:
- Reviewed the Product, most often through a sampling of the Product and its components, materials, and compounds.
- Determined at the time of the review that the Product complies with the relevant NSF consensus standard and/or protocol ("Standard"); and
- Conducted or will conduct periodic audits to review whether the Product continues to comply with the Standard.
A product bearing the ETL Listed Mark is determined to have met the requirements of prescribed product safety standards. Moreover, the mark indicates that the manufacturer's production site conforms to a range of compliance measures and is subject to periodic follow-up inspections to verify continued conformance.
PID Temperature Control
- A closed loop temperature controler gives the user remakable control over espresso extraction and steam.
- When paired with a PID, isolated boilers provide superior temperature precision and predictability.
- An efficient and pulse free design that provides consistent pressure across the entire duration of extraction.
- Dual boiler:
- Dedicated boilers for steam and espresso mean that recovery time is rapid and temperature stability is excellent.
- Programmable shot dosing:
- With the ability to pre-program shot volumes, it's easy to get consistently good espresso.
- Temperature control:
- It's simple to adjust the temperature in the group boiler with a front-access touch pad.
- Best in class steam power:
- Steam a perfect 12oz pitcher of milk in 10 seconds! Commercial non-insulated steam wand and 4 holed tip provides amazingly fast and powerful steam.
- Plastic Side Panels:
- The stock side panels are black plastic. If this bothers you, consider our custom wood side panel upgrades.
- Short shot drop distance:
- The distance between the stock portafilter spouts and the drip tray grate are the same as on our other machines, but you may find it easier to fit larger mugs underneath with a bottomless portafilter.
- 53 mm portafilter:
- While it doesn't affect the shot quality, 53mm portafilters are an unusual size and it's slightly more difficult to find accessories.