Ratio coffee machines tout quality and functional design. When you hang your hat on the pursuit of attention to detail and quality there is inevitably a handful of machines that just don’t make the cut to proceed on as First Quality Ratio machines. These Factory Second Quality Ratio coffee makers may have a slight coating mistake, the logo markings or printing just off, or another slight cosmetic issue. All of the critical internal components are the same as regular production units and carry the same UL certification in USA and Canada.
Beneath the exterior is precise brewing science, automated. Ratio is equipped with a powerful heating element. Where lesser machines struggle to maintain the optimum temperature - brewing either too hot or too cold - Ratio consistently delivers water at the ideal temperature of 200°. Inspired by the precision of manual brewing with pourover kettles, Ratio uses a unique showerhead design to uniformly saturate the coffee grounds. This means a more complex cup of coffee for you - without extra complexity in your routine. Hot water poured over fresh roasted coffee causes a bubbly interaction called a "bloom." The control board of Ratio applies a bloom cycle that allows the bloom to settle down before delivering the rest of the hot water. The result? More evenly extracted grounds and a more amazing cup of coffee.
- Model: Eight
- Color: White with powder coat finish
- Dimensions: 13.5" deep x 9" wide x 14" tall
- Capacity: Brews up to 40oz. (eight 5oz. cups)
- Warranty: 5 years
- Powerful 1600 watt/110 volt heating element
- Built with machined aluminum
- Clear BPA-free polymer water tank
- Carafe holds Chemex paper filters or Able Kone stainless steel filter
- Each unit entirely hand assembled and tested in Portland, Oregon