Breville Double Boiler BES920
This is the newest version for 2014 which is now the 920XL. The updates over the BES900 are the ability to descale at home, the ability to control steam temperature to increase or decrease steam pressure and an improved 2 year warranty.
Espresso perfection, requires precision temperature and pressure control, consistently, every time. At the heart of this machine is its Dual Stainless Steel Boiler heating system. The brew boiler, for the espresso shot, extracts to within 1'C and a separate steam boiler, which offers instant and powerful steam on demand. So you can extract your shot, at the right temperature, delivering optimal flavour and steam your milk to cafe quality, at the same time. What's more, there is another element in the group head, ensuring the entire system offers a consistent temperature.
The Breville Dual Boiler also features an Over Pressure Valve, which comes standard on almost all commercial cafe machines. This commercial feature limits the maximum pressure throughout the extraction to 9 bar, preventing bitter flavors in the shot. It also offers a true low pressure pre-infusion, which gradually increases the pressure to gently expand the grinds for an even extraction.
The temperature of your brew water is very important. On the Breville, that temperature is programmable, as is the volumetric dose, which will help keep you within your brewing parameters. Heats up in about 8 minutes. Easy to use front fill water tank, shot timing clock, and pressure gauge.
Good, reliable espresso is all about solving as many variables as possible. The Breville Double Boiler goes a long way to helping you do just that.
- 58mm stainless steel portafilter (double spout)
- Single wall filter baskets (1 & 2 cup)
- Dual wall filter baskets (1 & 2 cup)
- Integrated tamper
- 25 fl.oz (750ml) stainless steel frothing jug
- Cleaning disc and tablets
- Cleaning tool and Allen key
- Water filter holder and water filters (1 year supply)
- Model number BES920XL
- 360° Swivel action steam wand
- Variable brew temperature settings
- Backlit LCD Interface
- Shot clock
- Espresso pressure gauge monitors extraction pressure
- Stainless steel housing & boilers
- Dedicated steam and espresso boilers
- Brew shots while frothing milk
- Easy to operate steam lever
- Top-fill water tank lid
- 6 cup warming tray
- Instant hot water
- Integrated & removable 58mm tamper
- Achieves WBC standard of maintaining minimal +/-1.35°F variance during extraction process
- BPA Free - all parts that come into contact with coffee & water
- Read Coffee Geek's review of the Breville Dual Boiler
Dimensions and Specifications
- Width: 16.25"
- Depth: 15"
- Height: 15"
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- Steam boiler: 1700 Watts
- Group boiler: 1700 Watts
- 2.5L Removable water tank
- 110 volt
- Two year warranty through Breville