This espresso machine is solidly built and aesthetically pleasing and we also find it to be the perfect choice for those wanting the classic look and feel of a small cafe in Rome or Milan. It is the best performing machine we know of that combines large boiler capacity, plumb-in or water reservoir options, pre-infusion, E-61 grouphead, and PID controlled temperature stability.
This machine is powerful enough to use in an office setting, but small enough to be perfectly at home in your kitchen. Because it is a double boiler espresso machine, the Duetto 3.0 is a wonderful tool for both traditional espresso and milk based drink building, and the quiet rotary pump will not make its presence known. We think this machine is especially handsome when combined with our optional custom wood upgrades, the Clive bottomless portafilter and 58mm tamper.
Call us about the Izzo Alex Duetto SS model. The Izzo Alex Duetto 3.0 SS builds on the well-proven strengths of the Duetto 3.0, and incorporates dual stainless steel boilers and solenoid valve. The advantage of stainless steel are that it's extremely heavy duty and will resists scale build up, which can be beneficial in areas with harder water.
NOTE: Before turning on your Alex Duetto 3.0 you will need to remove the shell and reconnect the capillary tube! We disconnect them during our bench testing to avoid damages in shipping. If you have any questions please give us a call before placing your order.
Read our detailed review.
Izzo Alex Duetto III Espresso Machine Overview
Features at a Glance
When paired with a PID, isolated boilers provide superior temperature precision and predictability.
A closed loop temperature controler gives the user remakable control over espresso extraction and steam.
E61 Brew Group:
A tactile method of espresso extraction that allows manual control over shot extraction.
These machines ship directly from New York and usually ship within 2-3 business days after bench testing
- Stainless steel boilers
- No-burn articulating hot water arm
- All stainless construction (including the frame)
- Large removable drip tray (includes option to drain if desired)
- PID controller for the group boiler (with 1.0 degree fahrenheit adjustment)
- PID controller also controls the steam boiler temperature (and thus pressure)
- Heavy duty steam and hot water valves
- Vacuum Breaker Valve that diverts steam back to water tank
- Rotary pump
- OPV Valve also routes water back to drip try, not back to the tank
- For downloadable Product Manual, click here.
- Two-year parts and labor provided by the United States importer and Clive Coffee.
- Included accessories: Stainless steel base 58mm tamper, single and double spouted commercial grade portafilters, single basket, double basket, blind basket, 4 different style tips (1- 2 hole, 2- 4 hole,1-5 hole) and cleaning brush.
Dimensions and Specifications
- Width: 14.25"
- Depth: 17.75"
- Height: 16.5"
- Weight: 72 lbs.
- Steam boiler: 1.8 L / 1200 Watts
- Group boiler: 0.8L / 800 Watts
- Water reservoir: 2.4L
- 110 volt
- Default is 15 amp, if you need 20 amp, please mention it in the "notes" section at checkout.
- For tips on plumbing in espresso machines: click here
Dedicated boilers for steam and espresso mean that recovery time is rapid and temperature stability is excellent.
You can precisely and easily control the temperature in both the group and steam boiler.
Directly plumb or not: it's your choice
The Duetto has a large water reservoir, but with the included direct-plumb kit, it's easy to connect to a water source.
Since the Duetto is so solidly built, you need to give it at least 20 minutes of warm up time before making drinks.
Weighing in at 72 pounds and measuring 14.25" wide by 17.25" deep, the Duetto is a very large machine.